|There are a number
of places or things within the village that aren't
obvious or well-known, but not for much longer!
Woodlands farm is the old Cander Bridge
over the Cander Water. It is no longer
used except by the occasional rambler or
dog walker after being bypassed in 1965.
It is the only A listed structure in the
local area. The bridge, built by Thomas
Telford in 1821, carried the Edinburgh -
Ayr road over the Cander water. It was
the scene of a highway robbery in 1882
when Mr. Cunningham of the Union Bank
was relieved of around £3,000.